The upliftment of the women of our country through education has always been an integral part of the policies of Gurukul Kangri (Deemed to be University). In order to fulfill this aim, Kanya Gurukul Campus (KGC) was set up in 1923, at Dehradun by great martyr Acharya Guru Ramdevji, as a center for women’s education and was recognized as the second campus of Gurukul Kangri (Deemed to be University) by UGC in 1986.
Although the foundation of the institute was grounded with a few courses and subjects only, but now, it offers technical and professional courses to fulfill the requirements of the current age. KGC is situated in the foothills of the Himalayas covering a land area of 9,000 sq feet. The erudite faculty of KGC consists of twenty seven teachers. Fourteen non-teaching members and workers play a significant role in the overall development of the institute. A total of 300 students are enrolled in various under-graduate and post-graduate courses at KGM.
The natural and spiritual environment offered at KGM helps students embody the essence of life and prepares them to face the world in a better way.
Vision / Mission
- To enable the empowerment of Women through value based education.
- To inculcate humanitarian approach and national spirit among the students.
- To enrich and empower all the beneficiaries through participative, positive, harmonious teaching learning environment.
- To make students employable by imparting holistic education and developing skills.
- To develop inter-linkages across teaching research and extension activities.
Faculty of Oriental Studies
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Yoga and Physical Education
- Economics (Offered as a subject in various other courses)
- Music (Offered as a subject in various other courses)
- Drawing and Painting (Offered as a Subject in Various other Courses )