Dr. Arun Kumar
Dean Student Welfare
Dr. Vipul Bhatt
Deputy Dean Student Welfare
From the Desk of Dean Students’ Welfare
I take this opportunity to welcome all the students of Gurukul Kangri (Deemed to be University) and congratulate them all for becoming a part of our Gurukul family. The University was founded on March 4, 1902 by Swami Shraddhanandaji with the sole aim to revive the ancient Indian Gurukul System of education. In changing scenario in new education system Gurukula Kangri offers various technical and professional courses in different fields. At Gurukula Kangri, we always make an effort to provide our students with the best assistance possible given the resources at our disposal. For the benefit of the entire university community, keep in mind that all policies, procedures, processes, and structures were created to assure your success and to support the university’s operations. Above all, we aim to create tomorrow’s leaders—mature, well-rounded people who will take charge, engage in active citizenship, and make a positive contribution to society. We believe in excellence. The office of the Dean of Students Welfare serves as a focal point for a variety of initiatives that support student solidarity, cooperation, assimilation, and fraternity.
The Dean of the Students’ Welfare is a whole-time Professor of the University having the following responsibilities.
- Organizing and managing all matters related to students’ welfare, conduct and discipline.
- Coordinating industrial training programmes and placement of all the registered students of the University.
- Coordinating NCC/Physical training/NSS/Yoga programmes.
- Liaison with parents/guardians of students with respect to their performance and conduct on a regular basis.
- Coordinating with wardens/assistant wardens of halls of residence for their smooth functioning.
- Coordinating with vice presidents of student societies/clubs regarding the extra-curricular activities of the students.
- Coordinating with the counsellors for SC/ST students regarding their problems.
- Coordinating with anti-ragging squad, anti-ragging monitoring cell and ragging prevention cell to ensure ragging free campus.
- Coordinating with law and order authorities with respect to student discipline.
- Supervising the work of security staff and security agency appointed for the university and its halls of residence.
- To look after the overall development of halls of residence and act as chairman of the hall coordination committee.