In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore , for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelise the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
The basic purposes of the IQAC are:
To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the institution, and To assure stakeholders connected with higher education namely- students, parents, teachers, staff, would-be employers, funding agencies and society in general, of the accountability of the institution for its own quality and probity.
- The IQAC will evolve mechanisms and procedures for ensuring the following:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks. The relevance and quality of academic and research programs. Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning. The credibility of evaluation procedures. The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services. Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
The Functions of the IQAC
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters in various activities of the institution.
Dissemination of information on quality aspects. Organization of discussions, workshops, seminars and promotion of quality circles. Recording and monitoring quality measures of the institution. Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report and such other reports as may be decided from time to time.
Roop Kishore Shastri, Vice-Chancellor, Chairman
- Dinesh Bhatt, Registrar
- Mukesh Ranjan Verma, Controller of Examinations
- Gyan Chand Rawal, Chief Proctor
- Shri Rajendra Kumar Mishra, Finance Officer
- Ashish Kumar, Assistant Libarian
- P.C. Joshi, Professor, Zoology and Environment Science
- V. K. Singh, Professor, Management Studies
- L. P. Purohit, Professor, Physics
- Namita Joshi, Professor, Environmental Science
- Vivek Kumar, Professor, Computer Science
- Mayank Aggarwal, Assistant Professor, C.S.E.
- Neena Gupta, Assistant Professor, Computer Science
- Vipin Kumar, Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Science
- Shri Rampal
- Shri Ambrish Kumar, Ex MLA, Haridwar
- Baamdev Sharma, M.Sc. Math
- Palak Kansal, M.Sc. Chemistry
- Mahavir Aggarwal
- Shri Vikas Goyal, Vikas Industries D-5/6 Industrial Area, Haridwar
- Prof. Sharwan K. Sharma