(Msc, PhD (IIT Roorkee), FICCE
Postdoc (France, Portugal))
Department of Chemistry
Gurukula Kangri University
Haridwar – 249404 (INDIA)
Research Interest and Expertise
Development of adsorbents especially activated carbons and low cost adsorbents, adsorption, biosorption, hydrothermal treatment, energy storage (using supercapacitors, applications of electroanalytical methods in particular cyclic voltametry and amperometry for testing of capacitors), nano materials, emerging contaminants, removal of pollutants and water treatment.
Ph. D. : Chemistry
(1998-2003) Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, INDIA
M. Sc. : Chemistry
(1996-1998) Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, INDIA
B. Sc. : Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
(1993-1996) Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, INDIA
Teaching/Research Experience (over 9 years)
1 Working as Assistant Professor in Department of Department of Chemistry, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar since March 2011.
2 Worked as Post Doctoral Fellow at Centro de Química de Évora, Universidade de Evora, Portugal in the project entitled “Lignin and Derived Carbonaceous Materials for Environmental Applications and Energy Storage” from 2005-2011.
3 Besides working as Post Doctoral Fellow at Centro de Química de Évora, Universidade de Evora, Portugal in the project entitled “Lignin and Derived Carbonaceous Materials for Environmental Applications and Energy Storage” I was also engaged in project “Influence of the composition of lignocellulosic precursors on the characteristics of the activated carbon produced” from 2008-2011.
4 Worked as Post Doctoral Fellow in field of Adsorption and Low Cost Adsorbents at Department of Chemistry, IIT Roorkee with Prof. V K Gupta from 2004-2005.
5 Worked as Post Doctoral Fellow in the project “Production of Carbonaceous Porous Materials from Composite Carbon Fibers” at Ecole des Mines de Nantes, France from 2003-2004.
6 Worked as Junior Research Fellow in project of Ministry of Environment and Forests (Govt. of India) “Treatment and Utilization of Liquid and Solid Waste Materials Generated in Chrome Tanneries, National Fertilizers and Steel Plants” from 1998-2002.
Thesis Topic: Development of Low Cost Adsorbents from Industrial Wastes for the Removal of Toxic Substances.
Title of project during M.Sc. : Studies on the Adsorption of Zinc(II) ions on Red Mud – An Aluminium Industry Waste.
INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Worked as a chemist in Asian Paints (India) Limited.
- Biography selected in prestigious Marquis Who is Who 2011 edition.
- Recipient of Postdoctoral Fellowship by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), Ministry of Science Technology and Higher Education, Portugal.
- Received First prize for the business proposal “EURASIA Extracts” at Ide@ue 2007 Contest organized by OTIC Évora (Technology and Knowledge Transfer Office of Évora) and GAPI FML-UE (Industrial Property Promotion Supporting Office of Luís de Molina Foundation-University of Évora), Portugal. The jury was composed of members of the University of Évora, IAPMEI, Espírito Santo Bank, AlenBiz (Alentejo Business Angels Club), OTIC Évora and GAPI FLM-UE
- Recipient of Postdoctoral Fellowship at Ecole des Mines des Nantes, France by Pays la Loire, France.
- Recipient of DST-DAAD fellowship, visited University of Hannover, Germany from 16-02-2001 to 15-03-2001.
Visited France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and Scotland for various conferences, scientific meetings and research activities
Physical Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry to UG students and Bioinorganic chemistry; Catalysis, AAS, ICP, Mass Spectrometry and Analysis of Water and Waste Water to PG students
M.Sc. Project Work Guidance
Guided 13 students
Ph.D. Thesis Guidance
3 theses in progress
- Life Member “Indian Society for Surface Science and Technology”
- Member of “International Adsorption Society”
- Member of Évora Chemistry Centre, Evora, Portugal.
- Life Member of the “Indian Science Congress Association”.
- Life Member of “Indian Water Works Association”
- Life Member of “Materials Research Society of India”
- Life Member of “Indian Association for Environmental Management”
- Life Member of “Indian Water Resources Society”
- Life Member of “Indian Carbon Society”
- Fellow, International Congress of Chemistry and Environment.
- Member of editorial board of “Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment”
Peer Reviewer for International Journals:
- Environmental Science & Technology (ACS)
- Journal of Hazardous Materials (Elsevier)
- Journal of Environmental Protection Science
- Chemosphere (Elsevier)
- Environmental Chemistry (CSIRO)
- Energy & Fuels (ACS)
- Environmental Science and Pollution Research (Elsevier)
- Science Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Portuguese (Basic level)
Publications: 21 [For Details please see Annexure I]
- The total number of citations of papers as available on Scopus is over 2000 (as on October 2013), with some research papers in TOP 25 (SCIENCEDIRECT and others)
- The total impact factor for the papers in journals is over 50 (source ISI Web of Knowledge).
- h Index is 13 as available on Scopus (as on August 2013).
Participated and presented papers in various National and International conferences and meetings. [For details please see Annexure II]