Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya works on the principle that Boys and Girls should study separately for the focused study. On this ground the university has three campus First is the Main Campus in which only Male Candidates studying, the rest two campuses are for Girls in which one is in haridwar and one is in Dehradun and named as Kanya Gurukula.
The upliftment of the women of our country through education has always been an integral part of the policies of Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya (GKV). In order to fulfill this aim, Kanya Gurukul Campus (KGC) was set up in 1923, at Dehradun by great martyr Acharya Guru Ramdevji, as a center for women’s education and was recognized as the second campus of Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya by UGC in 1986.
Although the foundation of the institute was grounded with a few courses and subjects only, but now, it offers technical and professional courses to fulfill the requirements of the current age. KGC is situated in the foothills of the Himalayas covering a land area of 9,000 sq feet. The erudite faculty of KGC consists of twenty seven teachers. Fourteen non-teaching members and workers play a significant role in the overall development of the institute. A total of 300 students are enrolled in various under-graduate and post-graduate courses at KGM.
The natural and spiritual environment offered at KGM helps students embody the essence of life and prepares them to face the world in a better way.