- 37th Annual Conference of Indian Chemical Society in the year 2000
- 27th Annual conference of Indian Council of chemists, December, 26-28, 2008, attended by over 750 delegates and over 400 papers presented. Sponsored by UGC, CSIR, DST and INSA. Sections included, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical chemistry, environmental Chemistry and Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Symposium on Medicinal Plants of India, 27th December, 2008
- National Conference on Science & Technology for National Development organised by The Indian Science Congress Association: Haridwar Chapter and Department of Chemistry, Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, November 20-22, 2016
- 10th Conference of ISCA: Haridwar Chapter on Science and Technology: Rural Development, organized by Department of Chemistry and Physics, Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar (February 15-16, 2020)
Activities of Chemical Society, Department of Chemistry
Two days event was organized by Chemical Society, Department of Chemistry under the umbrella of ISCA:Haridwar Chapter from 3rd to 4th October 2019.
Program was started with the lightening of Lamp. Dr.R.K.Shukla(Prof.Incharge, Chemical Society),Mr.Manish Chauhan-President, Shivam Kumar Sharma,-Secretary were present along with faculty members and office bearers of Chemical Society. Mr.Harsh Sharma recited saraswati vandana.
In the inauguration session Mr.Amit Lamba, convenor,ISCA:Haridwar Chapter was present along with faculty members of the department and office bearers of Chemical Society.
The first speaker was Anuj chaudhary, Department of Chemistry, IIT Roorkee on the topic ‘HPLC and method evaluation’.2nd talk was of Mr.Nitin Kumar,on ‘Sampling techniques for different analytical instruments’, he is also from IIT Roorkee. The third speaker was Mr.Pramod Bhatt, Patanjali Ayurved Limited on the topic ‘AAS and its handling’ on 4th October.
1st event was power point presentation on the topic ’Role of chemical element in society’. 16participants were there. Mr.Harsh Sharma(IIyr) and Mr.Manjeet Singh(Iyr) were winner as Ist and 2nd.Dr.Prashant Tevotia and Mr.J.R.Meena was judge of the event. Next event was quiz, in which 28 students participated .Mr.Priynakul Chanchal(Iyr) and Mr.Amit(Iyr) got 1st and 2nd position respectively. Dr.R.K.Shukla and Dr.Ravinder Kumar was judge of the event. In the third event i.e., poster presentation 22 students participated. Mr.Amit Nautiyal(Iyr) and Mr,.Aman(IIyr) were the winner as 1st and 2nd position. Dr.R.D.Malik and Mr.J.R.Meena was judge of the event. Last event was colourful chemistry, it was experimental chemistry. Here 14 teams participated. In last round 1st position was awarded to Mr. Shashank Sharma(Iyr) & Mr.Atul Sharma(Iyr) while 2nd position was awarded to Mr.Manish Chauhan(IIyr) & Mr.Shivam Kumar(IIyr). Dr.R.K.Shukla and Dr.Ravinder Kumar was judge of the event. The fifth special event for research scholars as power point presentation. Mr.Sonu Kumar got 1st prize while Ms.Malvika chawla was 2nd out of five presentations. Dr.R.K.Shukla and Dr.Jaspal Singh was judge of the event.
The prize distribution and valedictory session was chaired by Prof.L.P.Purohit, HOD, Department of Physics. Vote of thanks was given by Mr.Shivam Kumar Sharma, Secretary, Chemical Society.