About the Department:
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) provides in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation and research with the latest computer facilities.
- One of the largest departments of FET in terms of the number of faculty and students.
- Best-in-class infrastructure and faculty profile
- The curriculum is designed to facilitate students for placements and pursuing higher education.
- Academic Alliance with industries with like IBM, TCS, Google Cloud, AWS Cloud, and EMC2
- Only Dept to have Google Student Developer Club in entire Uttarakhand.
- Placements in the best national and international companies.
- Strong Alumni Support with Alumni working in Navratans/PSUs/IT Giants/ Startups etc.
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Networks & Security
The department has tie-ups with TCS, IBM, EMC2, HALONIX, NPTEL AND IIT-B (SPOKEN TUTORIAL)
Department was established in 2000. It was the pioneer department of FET. Dept was started with 30 seats but since its inception, it has been the best department and its intake has now increased to 118.
Vision and Mission
Vision of the department
To be a frontier in the field of Computer Science by imparting the knowledge in legible, lucid and perspicuous way and preparing the human resource of high moral and ethical values that can cater to contemporary societal needs.
Mission of the department
- [M1]: (Contemporary excellence)
Provide sound technical foundation in Computer Engineering through comprehensive curriculum with rich skills set and practical experience.
- [M2]: (Holistic Learning)
To enable students to become valuable and creative contributors in the society. To continue their education in different facet of technology to grow them professionally along with the spirit of moral values.
- [M3]: (Social Responsibility & Sustainable Development)
To contribute to National Development by meeting the needs of the society and industry, empowering weaker and underprivileged sections, and to build economy through research and frugal innovation, anchored in the principle of achieving more with less.
- [M4]: (Ethics & Values)
To uphold the highest ethical standards, inculcate values; create willingness and capacity to work with one’s hands, and a spirit of devotion to serve humanity.
Program Educational Objectives (Under Graduate Program)
- PEO1: To provide a cogent foundation in Basic Sciences, analytical skills and engineering fundamentals required to succeed in engineering field.
- PEO2: To provide knowledge of various domains catering to the contemporary requirements of the industry.
- PEO3: To train students with good scientific and practical engineering application skills to comprehend, analyze, design and create feasible solutions for the societal vows.
- PEO4: Inculcate analytical reasoning and critical thinking through effective teaching learning and hands on training to develop innovative spirit and pursue higher education for nation building.
- PEO5: To encourage students to develop lifelong learning skills, to have self-motivation and high moral and ethical values for a successful professional career.
Program Specific Outcomes (Under Graduate Program)
- PSO1: Graduates of Computer Science & Engineering will achieve the adequate understanding of the contents to analyze, design and implement sustainable solution in their domain.
- PSO2: Able to use problem-solving skills to develop efficient algorithmic solutions.