Mechanical Engineering plays a major role in structuring the real world, the systems we use, the means by which we commute and the energy that powers these to deliver the basic necessities of life. Mechanical engineers design, manufacture and maintain machinery used by all disciplines of engineering. This discipline has attracted outstanding individuals and helped in addressing the crucial technical challenges in the contemporary world. The career path of a mechanical engineer is largely determined by individual choice – a unique advantage in an ever-changing competitive world. The Department of Mechanical Engineering came into being in the year 2009 and the first batch of Mechanical Engineers graduated in the year 2013. At present it offers undergraduate course in various facets of Mechanical Engineering. The department has laboratory and workshop facilities with sophisticated equipment.
The Faculty of Engineering & Technology was established with a view to provide technical education in surroundings of spiritual and Gurukula system of education. Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University), Haridwar is known in India and abroad for the process of character building of the students through their moral and physical development. Keeping the same ideals in mind, management of the Vishwavidyalaya felt the need of technocrats with strong moral character, superior knowledge, who can serve the nation during this era of transition from materialism to a balance of materialism and spiritualism. The Faculty of Engineering & Technology was established year 2000 at present it is running B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. FET is accredited with TCS and major companies like Infosys, Adobe, Tech. Mahindra, HCL, Mahindra Satyam, J.K. Technosoft, Infogain have recruited our students. Beside teaching FET conducts regular extra-curricular activities like technical festival, sports etc. Students of FET enjoy the facility of state of art gymnasium situated at university stadium
To be the center of excellence by imparting valued based quality education and research in the field of Mechanical Engineering through Gurukula education system of education and to fulfill the ever changing industrials demands and social needs thereby contributing in nation building.
- M1 (QUALITY AND VALUE BASED EDUCATION)
To provide quality and value based education to the students in core and emerging areas by implementing advanced teaching pedagogies.
- M2 (RESEARCH AND INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM)
To establish and enriching the research, innovation and entrepreneur ecosystem for students and faculty.
- M3 (LIFELONG LEARNING)
To prepare students for continuous learning to cope up with societal problems throughout by pursuing for higher education or providing services to various facets.
- M4 (INDUSTRY ORIENTED)
To bridge the gap between academia and industry by making them familiar with the current industrial scenario.
- M5 (ETHICAL LEADERSHIP)
To nurture the leadership and managerial skills in students through project based learning, by building technocrats with ethics.
Program Educational Objectives (Under Graduate Program)
- PE01: The students will be able to apply the Principles of Mechanical Engineering to meet societal requirements.
- PE02: The students will be able to develop system and processes including the critical and design thinking to solve complex problems through alumni and industry interactions.
- PE03:The students will be professionally fit for higher education, research organisation, government services, industries, entrepreneurships.
- PE04: The students will be able to work in team by applying multi-disciplinary knowledge to strengthen the skills of professional leadership for sustainable development.
- PE05: The students will be able to give services for solutions of societal problems by developing research and innovation ecosystem.
Program Specific Outcomes (Under Graduate Program)
- PS01:Apply the concepts of Mechanical Engineering in order to solve the Engineering problems along with the technological upgradation.
- PS02: Apply technical and professional skills to design, develop, testing and manufacturing of Mechanical products.
- PS03: Apply technical, leadership and managerial skills through community interaction to solve societal problem while focusing on sustainable and holistic development.