Electronic systems are something we take for granted. We use cell phones, computers, fitness sensors, navigation systems and video games like a natural thing. But without electronic systems, none of the electronics surrounding us would have worked.
Department of Electronic & communication Engineering (ECE) teaches and do research into further development of this technology. Today’s and tomorrow’s requirements for advanced communication solutions, energy efficiency, and storage capacity lay the foundation for the Department’s work in areas such as microelectronics, wireless technology, navigation, signal and image processing, voice and music technology and nanotechnology.
Department of Electronic & communication Engineering is one of Five departments at Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University), Haridwar. The Faculty is located at Shardhanand puram, Bhadrabad Haridwar
- One of the largest departments of FET in terms of number of faculty and students.
- Best-in-class infrastructure and faculty profile
- Curriculum is designed to facilitate students for placements and pursuing higher education.
- Placements in the best national and international companies.
- Strong Alumni Support with Alumni working in TCS/ BEL/NOKIA/INFOSYS/ BHEL/ HALONIX / SAMSUNG/ ISRO/ DRDO/ IOCL
Department was established in 2001. It was the pioneer department of FET. Department was started with 30 seats but since its inception it has been the best department and its intake has now increased to 115.
Vision of the department
To become an excellence Electronics & Communication Engineering education and learning center, that will provide inter disciplinary knowledge with impartment of human values and professional ethics among the youth, so as to serve as a valuable resource for industry and human society.
Mission of the department
- [M1]: (Contemporary excellence)
To provide students with an academic environment to promote teamwork, ethics, multidisciplinary approach and lifelong learning required for a successful professional carrier.
- [M2]: (Comprehensive Learning)
Impart To develop and impart graduated level of state-of-the-art knowledge education in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering through focused graduate programs.
- [M3]: (Communal Responsibility & Sustainable Development)
Endeavour to apply the acquired knowledge into tangible benefits for to the society.
- [M4]: (Morals & Values)
To provide students with strong foundation in basic sciences, Vedic knowledge, mathematics, computing, engineering principles and human values.
Program Educational Objectives (Under Graduate Program)
- PEO1: To impart knowledge of mathematics, sciences, and engineering fundamentals in the domain of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- PEO2: Student will be able to design systems and processes that met the requirements of public safety and offer solutions for societal and environmental issues.
- PEO3: To train students appropriate techniques and modern automation tools for the system design and analysis.
- PEO4: Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning and hence participate and succeed in competitive examinations, higher studies etc.
- PEO5. Understanding and commitment towards professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering practices so as to become good citizens.
Program Specific Outcomes (Under Graduate Program)
- PSO1: Graduates of Electronic & communication Engineering will Potential to analyze an engineering problem and formulate its suitable solution.
- PSO2: Graduates of Electronic & communication Engineering will be able to design systems and processes that met the requirements of public safety and offer solutions for societal and environmental issues.